Don't connect "database" (i.e. SQL, transactions, etc.) and Lucene. Connect data storage with simple, fast lookup and Lucene.

One field is the key (i.e. the filename) the other field is a binary, stored Field containing the contents of the file. Of course, there are other ways of slicing and dicing, such that one can search (in the fuzzy sense) the content and the key by adding tokenization, etc. This is the more traditional model for Lucene

Also, have a look at Apache Jackrabbit. It is a content repository that is implemented with Lucene.

-Grant