My previous question may be moot but as is it is still a problem. Here's a
little more info on my problem. The same named fields contain two pieces of
information, a code "B05" and a value "1" as follows. The value can be a
range such as 1 to 5 or 1 to 100.

"codesearch", "B05 1"

This field and other identically names but differently valued fields in the
same document are related to a specific person as identified by another
field say SSN. So, one person can have multiple code searches. Both of the
codesearch values are related to one another and must be searchable such as

Return all persons with a codesearch value of B05 ranging from 1 to 3.

How can I go about this? Do these codesearch fields need to be in a separate
index related by SSN?

Thanks in advance.

John G.