Thanks Erick,

Yes PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper is my friend :>).

Another related question, I'm putting these values into a document in fields
with the same name. 'codesearch' e.g.

"codesearch", "B05 1"
"codesearch", "Q070301 4" etc.

I read where only the last field entered is actually indexed but I can't
find that post now. Is this true? How can I get around it?

Thanks again.

John G.