Hi

I tried that approach, I did used escaping using the "\", and the query has
the special charecter, but i got no results that time.

What I found out was when I use Standard Analyzer on "ABC+S", the terms
generated are "ABC" and "S" and '+' is getting lost.
When I used whitespaceAnalyzer or keywordAnalyzer (or use standardanalyzer
but don't analyze this field), it is working, but it is case sensitive.

Can anybody suggest me how to use Whitespaceanalyzer/keywordanalyzer along
with lowecase filter
or
how to make Standardanalyzer not to generate tokens based on these special
chrecters.

Thanks
Ravichandra

prabin meitei wrote:

> try manually escaping the search string, adding "\" in front of the
> special
> characters. (you can do this easily by using string replace)
> This will make sure that your query contains the special characters
>

> Prabin
> toostep.com
>
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Ravichandra <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I am having problems with searching for special charecters like %,*,+,-
>> etc.
>> I am using standard analyzer. I create queries using the query
>> constructor.
>>
>> I read in the forums and tried with QueryParser.escpae and parse methods,
>> but the problem is if I have two fields as "ABC+S" and "ABC-S" and when i
>> search for "ABC+S", the order of fields is "ABC+S","ABC-S", and when we
>> search for "ABC-S", then also the order is "ABC+S","ABC-S".
>>
>> What I have seen is when we escape the search string and then parse it
>> using
>> query parser, the generated query doesn't contain the special charecter
>> '+',
>> or '-'.
>>
>> Please suggest me how to deal with special charecters.
>>
>> Lucene : 2.4
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ravichandra
>>
>> -----