Mark Miller wrote:

Michael McCandless wrote:

Ie, it's still not clear if you are running out of memory vs hitting some weird "it's too hard for GC to deal" kind of massive heap fragmentation situation or something. It reminds me of the special ("I cannot be played on record player X") record (your application) that cannot be played on a given record player X (your JRE) in Gödel, Escher, Bach ;)

Perhaps its been too long since I've seen that book, but if I remember right, he only has to get himself a JRE Omega version and he should be all set...

That's right ;) But JRE Omega will still have a [different] record that causes its GC to grind to a halt... (or maybe I don't remember the book very well!).

Mike