Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Michael McCandless
> <luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>
>> This is expected: phrase searches will not work when you omitTf.
>>

> But why would a phrase query be created?  The code given looks like it
> should create a boolean query with two terms.
>
> Of course, the given code also uses "" as the default field....

I used "SQL SERVER" just as an example, in order to make is simple.  My
actual query is like this [S000:"SQL SERVER"] where S000 is the field.
Is there anyway to selectively keep the position information and discard
other stuff like term frequency, pay load etc?
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>

>>>       QueryParser queryParser = new QueryParser("", new
>>> WhitespaceAnalyzer());
>>>       Query query = queryParser.parse("SQL SERVER");

-siraj

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which
is privileged, sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. The information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named as the addressee above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution (electronic
or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or
e-mail as noted above to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or
attachments. Thank You.