Well, with this information I can hardly tell what the cause of the
OOM is. It would be really really helpful if you could figure out
where it happens. Do you get the OOM on the first try? I guess you do
not do any indexing in the background?!
What is your index "layout" I mean what kind of fields do you use for
search and again do you do any sorting. Did you try to run you app
with a bit more memory? Are you able to run you app outside of a
servlet container if you can not find the stacktrace in the logs?! Did
you try a profiler or something similar to figure out where is
happens?

simon