Prashant, I have had better luck with even larger sized indices on
similar platforms. Could you elaborate what types of queries you are
running, Multifield? Boolean? combinations? etc. Also you might want
to remove unnecessary stored fields from the index and move them to a
relational db to squeeze out better performance.

Shashi