Jason:
        I would really appreciate it if you would stop making false
statements and misinformation. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinions on
technologies, but deliberately making misleading and false information on
such a distribution is just unethical, and you'll end up just discrediting
yourself.

        Making unsubstantiated comments while not willing to put in any
effort is the primary reason you are no longer working at Linkedin and on
Zoie.

"The problem
with this is, merging in the background becomes really tricky
unless it's performed inside of IndexWriter" - *what does this really mean?
Merging happens regardless in an incremental indexing system. Especially
with high indexing load, segments are created often, merging is crucial.*
"There is the Zoie system which uses the RAMDir
solution, however it's implemented using a customized deleted
doc set based on a bloomfilter backed by an inefficient RB tree
which slows down queries"  -* if you ever spend the time to read the code,
(even when you were working on it), it is just not true. We did have an RB
set for deleted docs, quite a few releases ago, and we changed to a special
type of bloomfilter set backed by a hash int set. You knew this and was part
of the discussion on it, and now saying such a thing is just plain
disappointing.*

        Thanks Jake for the clarification, and Eric, let me know if you to
know more in detail with how we are dealing with realtime indexing/search
with Zoie here at linkedin in a production environment powering a real
internet company with real traffic.

-John

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com