Hi Mike,

  Zoie itself doesn't do anything with the new with the distributed
side of things - it just plays nicely with it.   Zoie, at its core,
exposes a couple of primary interfaces (well, this is a slightly
simplified form of them) :

  interface IndexReaderFactory {  List getIndexReaders(); }, and
  interface DataConsumer{ void consume(Collection events); }

To do distributed realtime search with zoie, you just need to
make sure you get your indexing events to each of your nodes
as fast as they show up, push them in through the DataConsumer
API, and IndexReaders exposed through getIndexReaders() are
then a fresh realtime read-only view on the index on each node.

Doing distributed search with a setup like this now means just
pushing your Query to all of the nodes, returning the top n hits
from each back to a broker, sorting all n * num_nodes results
by score and taking the top n of that combined list.

Depending on your system's setup, you either push events to
the nodes, or pull events from somewhere to them, but if you do
the latter the realtimeliness will be bounded by how often you
poll, of course.

  -jake