<<<I think Lucene sees all these values as one long
value for the field "option">>>
Not quite. Starting with the second add, a call will be made to
getPositionIncrementGap in your analyzer. If you return a number
larger than one, then the offsets between the last term of the preceeding
add and the first term of this add will be that number. If you do nothing
with getPositionIncrementGap, then Lucene does, indeed, see all
the terms as one long value since it returns 1.....

Here's an illusrtation in which PositionIncrementGap returns
an offset of 10 using your example adds.

Note, these numbers may be off by the infamous 1 or even 2.

term      offset
value1     0
aaa         1
value2     11
bbb         12
value3     22
ccc        23

So, you really don't care about the slop, since you can set it to less than
the
magic number you return from PositionIncrementGap. BTW, slop indicates
holes, not total terms. So with a slop of 0 all the words need to be next to
each other, regardless of whether there are two words or 20. But you still
have to do the trick with getPositionIncrementGap in order to fail to match
on something like "bbb value3", where the last term is next to the frist
term
of the next token......

HTH
Erick