On Oct 12, 2009, at 10:46 PM, Thomas D'Silva wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to compute the counts of terms of the documents returned by running a query using a TermVectorMapper. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a faster way to do this rather than using a HashMap with a TermVectorMapper to store the counts of the terms and calling getTermFreqVector().
I do not require the term frequency within a document.

I think that is as fast as its going to get unless you have some other restrictions that would allow you to use a FieldCache. Can you describe the bigger problem you are trying to solve?

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search