As some of you may recall I've been working on getting the SEN Japanese
morphological analyzer working with 2.9.  (and also with Solr 1.4, but
that's not for this list)

I'm getting close to having a patch for JIRA.  However, a couple items:

1: The code is not currently hosted on Apache (it's over on the old sun
area).  The author is fine with having it moved over to ASF.
    But generally a "patch" implies a change to existing files, whereas I'll
be adding a new area.  (org.apache.lucene.analysis.ja).
    I think this will still work.
2: I was thinking it would be better to submit the original code "as is" in
one JIRA patch, and then my changes in a second JIRA (per the Wiki's advice)
    Wondering if y'all agree?  But wait....
3: The original code will NOT compile at all "as is".  (visibility issues,
and source code has 16 bit literals not in in UTF-8)
    I've got fixes for all of this, but submitting the original code "as is"
where it won't even be accepted argued for a SINGLE PATCH
    in this case, which would have the original plus my minimal changes.
4: When generating the patch, I'm not clear what the top level directory
would be?
    I think the path names would start with "org.apache.lucene...." etc.
    But wanted to double check.
5: From previous emails, I think this is the correct list for this (vs
dev?)  If not I can repost.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Bennett / New Idea Engineering, Inc. / mbenn...@ideaeng.com
Direct: 408-733-0387 / Main: 866-IDEA-ENG / Cell: 408-829-6513