I'm interested in getting the payload information from the
matching span, however it's unclear from the javadocs why
NearSpansUnordered is different than NearSpansOrdered in this
regard.

NearSpansUnordered returns payloads in a hash set that's
computed each method call by iterating over the SpanCell as a
linked list, whereas NearSpansOrdered stores the payloads in a
list (which is ordered) only when collectPayloads is true.

At first glance I'm not sure how to correlate the payload with
the span match using NSU, nor why they're different.