On Nov 20, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Jason Rutherglen wrote:

> I'm interested in getting the payload information from the
> matching span, however it's unclear from the javadocs why
> NearSpansUnordered is different than NearSpansOrdered in this
> regard.
>
> NearSpansUnordered returns payloads in a hash set that's
> computed each method call by iterating over the SpanCell as a
> linked list, whereas NearSpansOrdered stores the payloads in a
> list (which is ordered) only when collectPayloads is true.
>
> At first glance I'm not sure how to correlate the payload with
> the span match using NSU, nor why they're different.

I'll take a stab at this, but I am not 100% certain.  I seem to recall in the
implementation (and then in subsequent fixes by Mark) that we ultimately
decided, due to the way Unordered is implemented, that it was too difficult to
put the payloads in order, so we more or less punted and decided that perhaps
it would be fine to deal w/ them in the aggregate anyway.  Perhaps this needs
to be revisited.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using
Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search