I'm trying to run queries now, the problem is - the scoring of the
BoostingTermQuery is always giving a double weight to even terms, and not if
the query itself contains the term, here is the code that I'm using:

public class DocumentAnalyzer extends Analyzer {

        @Override
                TokenStream result = new WhitespaceTokenizer(reader);
                result = new TermPositionPayloadTokenFilter(result);

                return result;

public class TermPositionPayloadTokenFilter extends TokenFilter {

    protected PayloadAttribute payAtt;
    protected PositionIncrementAttribute posIncrAtt;

    private static final Payload evenPayload = new
Payload(PayloadHelper.encodeFloat(2.0f));

    private int termPosition = 0;

    public TermPositionPayloadTokenFilter(TokenStream input) {
        super(input);
        payAtt = (PayloadAttribute) addAttribute(PayloadAttribute.class);
        posIncrAtt = (PositionIncrementAttribute)
addAttribute(PositionIncrementAttribute.class);
    }

    @Override
    public final boolean incrementToken() throws IOException {
        if (input.incrementToken()) {
            if ((termPosition % 2) == 0)
                payAtt.setPayload(evenPayload);
            termPosition += posIncrAtt.getPositionIncrement();
            return true;
        } else {
            return false;

public class BoostingSimilarity extends DefaultSimilarity {
        public float scorePayload(String fieldName, byte[] payload, int
offset, int length) {
        if (payload != null)
        return PayloadHelper.decodeFloat(payload, offset);

        else
        return 1.0F;

And this is a test I've written, if you look at the scores, then you will
notice that the BoostingTermQuery is always giving a double weight to even
terms no matter if they appear in the query or no (this is my current
problem now):

public class PayloadsTest extends TestCase {
        Directory dir;
        IndexWriter writer;
        DocumentAnalyzer analyzer;
        super.setUp();
        dir = new RAMDirectory();
        analyzer = new DocumentAnalyzer();
        writer = new IndexWriter(dir, analyzer,
IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);
        }
        protected void tearDown() throws Exception {
        super.tearDown();
        writer.close();
        }
        void addDoc(String title, String contents) throws IOException {
        Document doc = new Document();
        doc.add(new Field("title",
        title,
        Field.Store.YES,
        Field.Index.NO));

        doc.add(new Field("contents",
                        contents,
                        Field.Store.NO,
                        Field.Index.ANALYZED));

        writer.addDocument(doc);
        }

        public void testBoostingTermQuery() throws Throwable {
        addDoc("Hurricane warning", "A hurricane warning was issued at 6 AM
for the outer great banks");
        addDoc("Warning label maker", "The warning label maker is a
delightful toy for your precocious six year old's warning needs");
        addDoc("Tornado warning", "There is a tornado warning for Worcester
county until 6 PM today");
        writer.commit();
        IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(dir);
        searcher.setSimilarity(new BoostingSimilarity());
        Term warning = new Term("contents", "tornado");
        Query query1 = new TermQuery(warning);
        System.out.println("\nTermQuery results:");

        ScoreDoc [] hits = searcher.search(query1, 10).scoreDocs;
         for (int i = 0; i < hits.length; i++) {
              Document hitDoc = searcher.doc(hits[i].doc);
              System.out.println(hitDoc.get("title"));
         }
        Query query2 = new BoostingTermQuery(warning);
        System.out.println("\nBoostingTermQuery results:");

        ScoreDoc [] hits2 = searcher.search(query2, 10).scoreDocs;
        for (int i = 0; i < hits2.length; i++) {
              Document hitDoc = searcher.doc(hits2[i].doc);
              System.out.println(hitDoc.get("title"));