From: Ivan Vasilev [mailto:ivasi...@sirma.bg]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:19 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compressing field content with Lucene 3.0

10x Uwe,

That is fine :)

Cheers,
Ivan

Uwe Schindler wrote:
It is still open to you how you handle it. On my projects I normally
only
store string fields. If I compress them, they are binary. So I use a
similar
approach like you to compress only large fields and store the others as
string fields like before.

When I retrieve the contents of the documents I use
Document.getField("name") and then use the Fieldable.isBinary() to
detect if
it was stored binary (and therefore compressed) or if it is string.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de