On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Well, Query *does* implement the Serializable interface, so that
> might work. WARNING: I haven't personally used the Serializable
> interface on Query, so I have no real clue whether it's applicable!

Query is serializable (lots of people use raw java serialization for
Query),
but warning: no core Lucene Query subclasses
define serialversionUID, so while they will transmit over the wire
fine now, but both ends (server and client) need to be on the exact
same Lucene version.  This can cause headaches during Lucene
upgrades if you have an "always running" distributed system.

   -jake