It's great that this is supported. I have 3 questions:

1) XML query parser just focuses on the "difficult" queries, left the "simple" ones to the standard query parser. I think it'll be good to support all of the queries. Makes it easier to implement, rather than combine two different parser together. 2) Another side point is the lack of examples in the Javadoc. Currently I need to dig into the unit test part to find some examples. 3) Can this be "standardized" into Lucene trunk? Is it possible to support other serialization forms, like google protocol buffer? Hopefully I only need to serialize it via query.toXML() or query.toBytes() and the parser can recognize the serialized forms.

--
Chris Lu

Mark Harwood wrote:
Yes it is being maintained and I have it in production on many large systems. Phrase prefix wildcard etc can be supported using the "UserQuery" tag which hands off to the regular Lucene QueryParser. It would be easy to add XML tags for these types but these clauses tend to be provided by users anyway as part of free-text fields. The other XML syntax tends to be useful for capturing all the other structured input eg date ranges, checkboxes etc as filters or caches filters. I intend to give it a 3.0 refresh to add geo etc soon