Uwe Schindler wrote:
Hello Lucene users,

On behalf of the Lucene development community I would like to announce the
release of Lucene Java versions 3.0.1 and 2.9.2:

Both releases fix bugs in the previous versions:

- 2.9.2 is a bugfix release for the Lucene Java 2.x series, based on Java 1.4 - 3.0.1 has the same bug fix level but is for the Lucene Java 3.x series, based on Java 5.
Hmm , I don't really agree with deprecating Version.LUCENE_CURRENT ( http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2080)

I'm sure in many projects, especially ones that are not yet released developers would expect to pick up the latest features when they download the latest version of Lucene without having to update the value of the Version constant (its just make devlopment a bit more tiresome) and would realize that code should be rebuilt and indexes should be built with same version as searching indexes. I mean whenever you update the version of a library should really test your code, after all Lucene 3.0.0 changed some things in 2.9.2 unwittingly, hence the need for 3.0.1.

Paul