This seems like far too much work if I'm reading things right. You can't
update
a field, but you #can# update a document which actually re-index that
document
under the covers (you have to have a way to uniquely identify the doc).
Then, when
you reopen your index reader, you'll only see the new value for the one
field that's
different. This doesn't rely on any second index at all.

So is there something I'm missing here that caused you to take the route
you're
taking? Because I'd just try updating the document and reopening the reader
first...

HTH
Erick

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Nilesh Vijaywargiay <nilesh.vi...@gmail.com