Hello everybody,

I was wondering, if someone could point me to what I need to be aware of, using
a ParallelReader.

My intention is to modify Nutch (http://nutch.apache.org/) in a way, that in
the Lucene-index Nutch uses, only documents for changed websites are updated.

However, due to the existing scoring-algorithms, most page's page-score will
change. After doing some research about updating single fields in a
Lucene-index, I found
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ParallelIncrementalIndexing
This brought me to the idea, to create a separate index for the page-scores.

Are there maybe any other approaches around, that I overlooked? What do I need
to be aware of, when using two parallel indices?

Thanks for any help!

David