Sorry, releases are not scheduled.

There is a general feeling that a 3.1 release could happen fairly soon, though.

Currently, there is a push to improve test coverage and fix bugs that shake out
as a result.

As another measure of how close the release is, you can check here to see how
many issues remain targeting the 3.1 release - once these go to zero, a release
is likely imminent:

Lucene open/reopened fix for 3.1:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310110&fixfor=12314822>

Solr open/reopened fix for 3.1:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310230&fixfor=12314371>

My estimate of when a release will occur: sometime in the next two or three
months.

The 3.X branch (where the 3.1 release will be cut from) is quite stable - you
should consider using it even pre-release.

Steve