This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it, so...

Is it possible / advisable / practical to use Lucene as the  basis of a live
document search capability? By "live document" I mean a largish document
such as a word processor might be able to handle which is being edited
currently. Examples would be Word documents of some size that are begin
written, really huge Java files, etc.

The user is sitting there typing away and of course everything is changing
in real time. This seems to be orthogonal to the idea of a Lucene index
which is costly to construct  and costly to update.

TIA