Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> So you are only indexing "analyzed" and querying "analyzed". Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.  I fall back to StandardAnalyzer if no
language-specific analyzer is available.

> Wouldn't it be better to prefer precise matches (a field that is
> analyzed with StandardAnalyzer for example) but also allow matches are
> stemmed.

StandardAnalyzer isn't quite precise, is it?  StandardFilter does some
kind of English-centric alterations to things.

Perhaps the approach you suggest would be slightly better, but I'd have
to see numbers on that from some reasonable corpus to be convinced it
would be worth it.

Bill