Hi,

I am running some AutomatonQueries and see caching effects happening, that I
can't seem to get rid of. E.g. an AutomatonQuery takes

Run 1: 3000 ms
Run 2 and all subsequent runs: 250 ms

The IndexSearcher is closed after every full query circle (and opened via
open(Directory), so the IndexReader should be closed, too, right?). I have
changed indexes, restarted Eclipse, and run GC to no effect. I am thinking
FieldCache.purge might help, but how do i get there?

Also, how to reasonably assess execution times for AQs? The very first runs can
last pretty long, yet cached queries are fast. Overlap seems to benefit queries
down the line, e.g. "*ration" is much faster if sometime before "*ation" has
been run. Would it be feasible to warm an index with the most frequent ngrams
for AutomatonQueries?

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Rene