Sorry Peter - I introduced this problem with some kind of typo type issue - I
somehow changed an includeSpans variable to excludeSpans - but I certainly
didn't mean too - it makes no sense. So not sure how it happened, and surprised
the tests that passed still passed!

We could probably use even more tests before feeling too confident hereā€¦

I've attached a patch for 3X with the new test and fix (changed that include
back to exclude).

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com