paul:
   I visited the site you provide and explore the example,but i can not
understand the results from the following example.I thought
the phonetix is an tel-no analyzer like 010-134323434,400-2343-2342-3234,could
you tell me some more info about this,i need to index phone number in my
project.thanks.
public class PhoneticTest
{
    public static void main(String[] argv)
    {
        Metaphone metaphone = new Metaphone();

        String original = "Phonetix";
        String encoded  = metaphone.generateKey(original);

        System.out.println("original="+original+", encoded="+encoded);
After compiling and running this example program you will get an output like
this:
original=Phonetix, encoded=FNTK

2011-11-10

janwen | China