Hi Folks,

I need your help in determining whether we upgrade to 3.6 or wait till 4.0
becomes stable.

We are currently using 2.x version of lucene and would like to upgrade to
3.6(and 4.0 ultimately). But we were informed by few blogs that 4.0 will
not be backward compatible which means that the our customers who currently
have 2.x will not be able to upgrade to our latest release which would have
4.0.

Another blog mentioned that people using 2.x and looking upgrade to 4.0
should wait till 4.0 becomes stable. We are kind of confused with
contracting thoughts here. Does it mean that 4.0 ALPHA doesn't support
backward compatibility and recommendation is to use 4.0 stable for backward
compatiblity?

Basically, to embark on process of upgrading lucene to 3.6(and 4.0 later)
depends on whether customer having 2.x can upgrade to 4.0 or not.

Thanks