On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM, snehal.chennuru <snehal.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up Ian. I know it is highly discouraged. But, like I
> said, it is a legacy application and it is very hard to go back and re-do
> it.

you really shouldn't do that! If you use lucene as a Primary key
generator why don't you build your own on top. Just add one layer that
accepts the document and returns the PID and internally put it in an
ID field. Using no merge policy is not a good idea either you will
very likely reach system boarders (# file descriptors) and suffer from
bad search performance and low compression.

I think you should really consider fixing your app instead of hacking lucene.

simon