I don't think that you need to be concerned with the internal docIDs much.
Just imagine the indexes as a big table with multiple columns, where
columns are grouped together. Each group is a different index. If a
document does not have a value in one column, then you have an empty cell.
if a document doesn't have a value in entire group of columns, then you
denote that by adding an empty document.

Oh, and make sure to use a LogMergePolicy, so segments are merged in the
same order across all indexes.

And given that you rebuild the indexes every time, you can create them
one-by-one. You don't need to do that in parallel to all indexes, unless
it's more convenient for you.

Shai