we use lucene to search in hierarchical structures.  like a folder structure in
filesystem.

the documents have an extra field, which specifies the location of the document.

so if you want to search documents under a specific folder you have to query a
prefix in this field.

but if the documents are moved to an other location, every document must be
updated. in our case this is not a good option.

are there any concepts for implementing hierarchical structures in lucene? does
someone have a suggestion?

i know lucene is fulltextsearch and therefore primarily for flat structures.

greetings
sascha