Hi,

I am evaluating Lucene Facets for a project. Since there is a lot of change in
4.7.2 for Facets, I am relying on UTs for reference. Please let me know if
there are other sources of information.

I have a couple of questions:

1.] All categories in my application are flat, not hierarchical. But, it seems
from a few sources, that even that notwithstanding, you would want to use a
Taxonomy based index for performance reasons. It is faster but uses more RAM.
Or is the deterrent to use it is the fact that it is a separate data structure.
If one could do with the life-cycle management of the extra index, should we go
ahead with the taxonomy index for better performance across tens of millions of
documents?

Another note to add is that I do not see a scenario wherein I would want to
re-index my collection over and over again or, in other words, the changes
would be spread over time.

2.] I need a type of dynamic facet that allows me to add a flag or marker to
the document at runtime since it will change/update every time a user modifies
or adds to the list of markers. Is this possible to do with the current
implementation? Since I believe, that currently all faceting is done at
indexing time.

Thanks n Regards,
Sandeep Ramesh Khanzode