Hi,

FYI, this is the same issues like Locales have/had in ICU! If you try to render
an error message in Locales's constructors, this breaks with NPE - because
default Locale is not yet there... I think they implemented some "fallback"
that is guaranteed to be there.

But this would not help you, too - you need the default Codec be available at
the time your custom codec is loaded... Same issue, no idea how to solve this.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen