From: Adrien Grand [mailto:jpou...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:46 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene 5 : any merge performance metrics compared to 4.x?

Indeed this is new but I'm a bit surprised this is the source of your issues as
it should be much faster than the merge itself. I don't understand your
proposal to check the index after merge: the goal is to make sure that we do
not propagate corruptions so it's better to check the index before the merge
starts so that we don't even try to merge if there are corruptions?