Hi Michael,

I started playing with Lucene LatLon and Geo3D points. I have a problem
about the constructor of Geo3DPoint.

In the other constructor, Geo3DPoint(String name, double x, double y,
double z)
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_1_0/spatial3d/org/apache/lucene/spatial3d/Geo3DPoint.html#Geo3DPoint-java.lang.String-double-double-double->.
How can I map*,* Lat, Lon and Altitude into x,y,z. If we use x,y,z there
should be an Axis system. For an example I have these questions,

   - Where those axises are pointed to?
   - What are the units (km or m)?

If you can give me an idea on that it will be really helpful. :-)
Thank you.

Regards,

Janaka.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Janaka Thilakarathna <
bjchathura...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Sorry for the late reply and thank you very much for your quick respond.
> :-)
>
> Yeah, it looks like an interesting data set to play with, but it is really
> large to start. :D
> I will try some simple projects and get back to you if I find any trouble.
>
> Janaka.
>
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Michael McCandless <
> luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>
>> What a fun use case for dimensional points!  I just saw NASA announce
>> this data set recently: https://plus.google.
>> com/+MichaelMcCandless/posts/h8eUtkhizKG
>>
>> And I was wondering how to play with it... 36 TB of airplane flight
>> routes :)
>>
>> You can easily index your data (3 spatial dims + 1 time dim) using e.g.
>> DoublePoint but then the only way to query those points currently is the
>> PointRangeQuery (4D boxes); maybe you can use that to find the "interesting
>> area" traversals?
>>
>> For "minimum distance between two air-planes", you might be able to start
>> with LatLonPoint.nearest (KNN search implementation) but generalize it a
>> bit to N dims not just the 2 (lat, lon) that it supports today?
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 4:29 AM, Janaka Thilakarathna <
>> bjchathura...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am from University of Moratuwa. I have a quite understanding in
>>> Lucene's
>>> Text Search, Geo3DPoint
>>> <https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_0_0/spatial3d/org/apache/l
>>> ucene/spatial3d/Geo3DPoint.html#newShapeQuery-java.lang.Stri
>>> ng-org.apache.lucene.spatial3d.geom.GeoShape->,