Hi Janaka,

Unfortunately, Geo3D does not in fact search three dimensions: it only
handles the same 2D earth surface as lat/lon.  It's just that, internally,
it's using three x,y,z coordinates to do all its math.  But those three
coordinates must be on the earth's surface for the math to be correct.  We
have wanted to rename this package so it's not so confusing, but have not
yet succeeded.  I believe the x,y,z are in the "unit sphere" coordinate
space.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com