What platform and Java version is this with?

  Thanks,
    Dmitri

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am using BufferStrategy with 2 buffers to render off screen and then blast
the contents on to the screen and I am impressed with the simplicity of it and
its performance.  However, there is a VERY serious problem with it, at least
the way I am using it.  It seems that whenever the JFrame is resized something
is causing the screen to be cleared.  The result is bad flickering or, even
worse, a totally blank screen.

I am using BufferStrategy in the technique in the JavaDoc as follows:

[code]
do {
        do {
                g2d = (Graphics2D)this.strategy.getDrawGraphics();
                // Perform rendering here...

                g2d.dispose();
        } while (this.strategy.contentsRestored());
        strategy.show();
} while (strategy.contentsLost());
[/code]

The clearing of the screen happens after any calls to strategy.show() and even
if I call it repeatedly after a resize event it seems that the screen will
clear after the last call.  All that is required to restore the screen's
contents is to render again but I cannot work out how to trap this screen
clearing event and therefore know when to re-render.

Why is the screen clearing after the frame is resized?  Is there a way to
prevent this, perhaps by using a different actual strategy for the
BufferStrategy?  The screen clearing after resizing doesn't occur if I just
manually use a BufferedImage instead.