Hi Dmitri,

thanks for your example!

But you are right, I can't just repaint the area where my circle just was.

When I understand your example right, you paint the image on the panel and then
paint the filled circle on that panel over the image. So you have not touched
the pixel-data of the image and you can restore the view on that image data by
just telling the panel some coordinates where it should get the pixeldata of
the image from.

In my approach I have to draw the circle directly on the image in my memory an
therefore destroy the original data at that location. I thought maybe it is
possible to combine two images during painting from video memory on screen but
I think this is not possible.

Now, your suggestion with copying the area I'm going to destroy sounds good to
me. What kind of methods can I use? I know the VolatileImage.getSnapshot()
method, but there I can't say what part of the image should be copied.
Additionally I would like some methods that copy that area directly in vram
without using the frontside bus (<- yes, we do not even have AGP in our target
system) because that would slow down the system again. Are there such methods
available in java?

Regards,
Maik
[Message sent by forum member 'kiamur' (kiamur)]