On Tue, 11 Jun 2024 13:41:58 GMT, Pavel Rappo <pra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> If we are ordering the entries, we can use comparable to check that an attr
>> is greater than the start of the global attr, something like
>>
>> private static boolean isGlobalAttr(Attr value) {
>>     return value.compareTo(Attr.ACCESSKEY) >= 0;
>> }
>
>> If we are ordering the entries, we can use comparable to check that an attr
>> is greater than the start of the global attr, something like
>>
>> ```java
>> private static boolean isGlobalAttr(Attr value) {
>>     return value.compareTo(Attr.ACCESSKEY) >= 0;
>> }
>> ```
>
> That would also work, yes. I still avoid relying on the order of enum
> constants; but it's me.

I suggest one of

1. Add a `boolean global;` member to the enum, and provide a second constructor
that allows that boolean member to be set true.   For example,

WIDTH,
STYLE(true),

2. Make the `Set` be static and init it in a static initializer.
See the `javac` `Source` and `Target` classes for examples of this technique.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19652#discussion_r1635524009