I also am interested in when a javafx designer will be available.

Also, how exactly do you embed swing controls in a javafx stage now?
The only examples I can find online don't work anymore.

Lastly, will javafx ever have support for things like traits/mixins/
structural subtyping or extension methods.  Things like draggable/
resizable/clickable nodes would be much easier to do.  You could take
an svg image, convert to javafx code automatically, and then just
extend the base class to make the parts draggable for example.