robilad: Absolutely, you can do wonderful things. If java wants to
take the official position that serious developers will be using
serious tools, and non-serious developers don't really need the
serious backwards compatibility, I'd be very happy. Couldn't happen
soon enough. But its one of those commitments that I doubt are going
to be made, so from a realistic standpoint, I'm just saying that this
feeling of 'We'll get modules and then we can evolve whatever APIs we
want! Freedom!!!!' is just not going to happen, or if it is, we'll
need to start advocating the mandatory use of such tools, work on
getting findbugs integrated into javac, start including things like
how certain code features will be rendered in IDEs (and come up with
an IDE standard of sorts), and more.