On a more technical note: if your VCS is Subversion, Mercurial or Git
look into trac as a provider of said RSS feeds (plus more). It also
allows wiki syntax in the commit messages (including links into other
commits or to issues), which makes writing commit messages more fun :-)
It's also pretty easy to set up if you use e.g. a recent Ubuntu as
underlying OS (if you have to take care of the dependencies yourself it
can be a bit of a pain).

  Peter