Ruben Reusser wrote:
> When I was a younger programmer I always wondered why we don't have a
> symbolic programming language free of any text - except maybe for
> resources. Should be easier to parse and would be fair to everybody.
... then he encountered APL and stopped dreaming :-)

But seriously: I think languages should be defined in terms of an AST.
It just won't buy you much, though: your libraries still need names for
all the methods and while you might still be willing to use mathematical
symbols for your collection API it probably ends there.

Peter