Good information thanks! I work with A LOT of old code and I hate seeing it,
but I digress.

You might alread know this but there are possible ways to speed up your DB2
queries even more. The iSeries (System i is just the current name which I'm
sure is subject to change at any time) has 2 query engines. The SQE and the
CQE. The SQE is the SQL Query Engine and the CQE is the Classic Query
Engine. Here is an short arcticle about how to change an attribute so that
your SQL will most likey use the SQE.
http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg041608-story01.html

--
James R. Perkins