On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Joshua Marinacci <jos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No Josh, not tail recursion, ->tail calls<- :)
>

> then I guess I don't understand. My last interaction with this stuff was a
> LISP class about 15 years ago. :)

:)

"Tail-call optimization (or tail-call merging or tail-call elimination) is a
generalization of TailRecursion <http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TailRecursion>: If
the last thing a routine does before it returns is call another routine,
rather than doing a *jump-and-add-stack-frame* immediately followed by a *
pop-stack-frame-and-return-to-caller*, it *should* be safe to simply
*jump*to the start of the second routine, letting it re-use the first
routine's
stack frame (environment)."  -http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TailCallOptimization

 Here's a lispy source to get the memory flowing back :) =>
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lcl50/aug/aug-51.html

--
Viktor Klang
Scala Loudmouth