I saw it in action at the JPR.  We fiddled with an interface for hours
and
came up with things that worked.  It was a learning experience, so it
should be no surprise that it was a god-awful, but that's not the
point.
Even if we weren't learners, it would have taken a fair amount of
time
to code the interface.

Later in the day somebody put one together in photoshop.  It took us a
little
time to figure out how to work with it (a one time only penalty for a
given
developer I'm sure), then we had it running in very short order.  And
it was gorgeous.

So from a long-time developer's perspective, it was fan-frakkin-
tastic.
We got there faster, and I believe that the end result was better.  A
text
editor is a great hammer, but there are better tools to make user
interfaces with.  (tangent: A couple of weeks ago I showed Matisse
to somebody who was doing swing layouts with gridbag in notepad --
they
were a happy camper to say the least).

I still reserve the right to say that you might have to make code
changes
if the UI changes.  It seems to me that there are plenty of tweaks
that
wouldn't require it, but it seems equally likely that they could
change things
that may break assumptions you have made about the fxd content in your
code.  I don't know the full power of the new (or old) project Nile
bits, so
maybe there are tricks to help minimize this.

Thanks!