I just snooped around, turns out your phone experience might differ
from mine since only the Scandinavian and Canadian Magic has 288MB RAM
while the rest of the world, incl. your Vodafone branded, has only
192MB. Can you confirm this? What happens when you issue a cat /proc/
meminfo? I see 192MB available to Android.

/Casper

197Mb available in MemTotal, which means it really physically has
288Mb of RAM