Having owned the G2/Magic/Sapphire for 24 hours: here are my first
impressions

Cons:
Vodafone branding sucks (bouth off eBay, just a sidenote)
The user interface is less intuitive than the iPhone UI
The Artwork is/Icons are a bit poorer than iPhone
The menu system needs to be a bit reorganized for usability
The iPhone feels "better built"/sturdier/solid

Pros:
Reflashing and upgrading the SPL went smoothly (although it was a bit tense
for a moment there)
Virtual keyboard is better than iPhone (atleast I can type faster and more
correct on it)
The UI seems more responsive than the iPhone
I feel more empowered than when I use the iPhone
I am liking it more and more for every hours I use it

I guess we'll see in a year or so if some culprits and birth defects have
been removed from the software.
iPhone (atleast in the EU)

Hope you're enjoying Canada, Casper.

Cheers,