I'm surprised I haven't heard Dick complain about Google Earth, Picasa
etc. not being written to run on the JVM. It's particular interesting
that for these popular applications, Google actually prefers to pour
money into Wine rather than implement in Java. And on the mobile, Java
was never as popular (forget Gosling/Schwartz gazillion evangelism) as
now with Android.

In other words, something must be wrong with the JVM as soon as we are
out of a server context. In that perspective, why should users and
developers care about not having a genuine JVM in the middle of their
Oreo?

/Casper